Postgraduate Mentor Program
The Curtin Student Guild is excited to be able to continue to offer the Postgraduate Mentor Program in 2016.
The program invites new postgraduate students to join peer study groups supervised by a senior student who can provide guidance, feedback and support as you begin your journey at Curtin University.
Who can apply?
- The Program is open to students who are studying a PhD, Masters, Graduate Diploma and Graduate Certificate
- The Program is available to ALL postgraduate students, including those studying at the Bentley campus, the Graduate School of Business, the Kalgoorlie WASM campus, and students who are studying externally. It is also available to part-time students
- Mentees will be postgraduate students in their first six months of study.
HDR students are assigned to peer workshopping groups organised by a mentor. These groups provide:
- Feedback on research projects and candidacy proposals
- Advice on surviving the candidacy process and working with supervisors
- A collaborative and supportive research environment
- A cross-disciplinary research culture.
Study groups will be organised and facilitated by senior students. They will provide guidance and advice on issues such as:
Mentors will be provided with training prior to each semester.
- how to prepare for exams
- workload management
- assessment preparation
- balancing study and social life
- learning strategies
- general campus information, including support services.
This is an excellent opportunity to meet other students and get ahead in your studies.
Applications for Semester 2, 2016 have now closed.
We will be accepting applications for 2017 in December 2016.
If you have any questions about the program, please contact:
Postgraduate Mentor Program Coordinator
Curtin Student Guild
Tel: +61 8 9266 2913