Surf House Balcatta
PLEASE NOTE: If you have booked into a Provide First Aid course CPR is included in the First Aid course. It is therefore not necessary to book into the CPR course separately.
PLEASE NOTE: Classes will be at Surf House Balcatta, NOT Curtin Bentley campus.
The Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Refresher course delivers the essential principles, skills and knowledge to maintain or restore breathing and circulation in an adult, child or infant. The course content is based on the policies and standards of the Australian Resuscitation Council.
The CPR re-certifying course is designed to refresh the knowledge and skills from First Aid accreditation. It is recommended by the Australian Resuscitation Council that you update your CPR component every 12 months (One year from date of course).
Within certain degrees, particularly those within Health Sciences, your School may require you to undertake annual CPR Refresher training (check with your Head of School or Unit Coordinator).
The following adjustments are now in place for all training courses;
• compulsory PPE as required (in particular gloves)
• physical distancing and participant spacing to meet the 1.5m and 4m rules. Adjustment to participant numbers as required according to venue size and government regulations
• use of additional training equipment to minimise sharing
• increased cleaning resources for venue and equipment
• use of full body manikins for bandaging and patient scenarios - no physical contact between students
• no requirement to breath into manikins - participants blow down the side of manikins face to demonstrate CPR
• Trainers have undertaken Federal Government online COVID-19 Infection Control training
We are very conscious of the new regulations and the safety of students and trainers is our highest priority.
To book into this refresher course, students must have successfully completed and hold a current certificate in Provide First Aid (HLTAID003). Students must present their certificate on the day of the course.
(Normally costs over $50. Last booking will be taken 7 days before event.)
Bear in mind that there is high demand for these classes and they sell out VERY quick. We are unable to reschedule bookings.
No refunds for non-attendance of course.
If a student has a change in schedule and is unable to attend the course, students can request a full refund of their booking up to 7 days before the course starts. It is the students' responsibility to re-book for another date (where available). Late requests, including after the course date, will not be entertained.
Consideration will be taken only if student can demonstrate circumstances outside of their control. Supporting documents, such as medical certificate or email/ notification from university/ work must be provided for consideration. Documentation must cover course date.
Bookings can be made up to 7 days before the scheduled event.
Available to CURRENT Curtin students only
BOTH SLSWA AND CURTIN STUDENT GUILD ARE CLOSED DURING THE WEEKEND.
Email: (Lyn Coleshaw) firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +61 (08) 9207 6666
Phone: +61 (08) 9266 2900