The Curtin Student Guild Club Awards aim to recognise the achievements of clubs that have been particularly active in enhancing and enriching campus life at Curtin University. The winner of each category will have demonstrated an extremely high level of engagement with their members and the wider Curtin community, by facilitating a diverse range of events, projects and/or initiatives throughout the year. The winner for each category receives a direct cash grant to assist with future club events, projects, and initiatives, at the discretion of the club committee.
Categories and prizes are as follows:
- Best New Club: $250 - self nominated
- Most Improved Club: $250 - self nominated
- Club of the Year: $500 - self nominated
- People's Choice Award: $200 - nominated by anyone from the Curtin community
The below criteria must be met in order for a club be eligible for an award. Clubs may nominate for multiple categories if eligible.
- Club must be registered in full with the Curtin Student Guild at the time of nomination.
- Club must have conducted themselves to a high standard throughout the year (i.e. respectful interactions, both online and in person, with Guild and University staff, members, students, community, etc.).
- Club must represent the Guild and the University in a positive light.
- Club will be ineligible if the Guild is aware of any substantiated complaint or allegation of misconduct made against them in 2020.
- Club will be ineligible if the Guild has directly observed inappropriate/poor behaviour or compliance breach(es) by anyone authorised to act on behalf of the club in 2020.
- 'Best New Club' specific additional criteria: club must have registered with the Guild for the first time in 2019 or 2020.
- 'Most Improved Club' specific additional criteria:
- Club must have been registered with the Guild for at least 24 consecutive months at the time of nomination
- Club must have demonstrated measurable improvements in the club’s key performance indicators (KPIs) from 2019 to 2020.
- KPIs that will be looked at include:
- membership numbers;
- number of events (inc. online), initiatives, and/or programs run;
- attendance / engagement figures for events / programs / online initiatives;
- engagement with Guild-facilitated opportunities; meetings and/or events;
- digital engagement and social media statistics;
- 'Club of the Year' specific additional criteria:
- Club must have had at least one representative attend Club Induction Training in 2020,
- Club must have had at least one representative attend at least one Clubs & Societies meeting in 2020.
- Club must have run a stall (includes "virtual" stalls) at both O Days in 2020 (Sem 1 & Sem 2).
All awards - except the People's Choice Award - must be nominated by a current club committee member from the club in question. People's Choice Award nominations are welcomed by any member of the Curtin community. This includes faculty members and teaching staff , general staff and associates, fellow clubs, club members, and general Curtin students.
SELECTION OF WINNERS
Nominations will be reviewed and assessed by a Guild-appointed selection panel. Winners will be announced in person at the 2020 Guild Club Awards Sundowner at the Curtin Tav on Friday 16th October (more info to follow), and published on the Guild website from Monday 19th October.
Nominations close 4pm, Monday 5th October 2020.
Before clicking "submit", please ensure that you have attached any documents, images, and/or other items in support of your nomination, as these will be crucial in the determination of a winner for each category.