The Curtin Student Guild is running an Emergency Food Relief program for currently enrolled Curtin University students experiencing hardship as a result of COVID-19.
Program Information & Instructions
Additional Support Available
- Support is provided in the form of a voucher which can be used on groceries and essential items.
- All requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Outcome is subject to individual circumstances and resources available.
- Please note that this program is for emergency short-term assistance only.
- Due to limited resources available, first-time applicants will be prioritised.
- Please be advised that due to the large number of students seeking support, fixed voucher allocation limits (per student) apply. Students approaching this limit will be contacted via email.
- Due to limited funding, long term assistance through this program is not possible. Please be aware that this program will be concluding in the coming months.
- Students applying for support on more than one occasion must wait a minimum of 10 days after receiving a voucher before applying for a new one. Please be sure to buy enough food to last up to two weeks.
- Any applications received less than 10 days after the previous voucher was awarded will be discarded.
- Please allow at least one week for your application to be processed. Confirmation and collection instructions will be issued via email
- Please do not lodge any new forms whilst awaiting a response to your most recently lodged form - this does not speed up the process. Duplicate applications cause significant delays due to adding to the backlog of applications. If you wish to follow up the status of your application, please simply send a follow-up email instead, to email@example.com.
- The Guild also offers a range of free heat-and-eat frozen meals. These meals are available to collect from Guild Reception (B106F) any time during opening hours (9am - 4pm, Mon-Fri).
- These meals are offered in addition to the Coles e-voucher and will not affect your eligibility for the Coles voucher. Students are encouraged to make use of both of these services.
- Students are welcome to simply drop in any time to collect (no need to confirm or book ahead of time). If you have any follow up queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are seeking any additional advice or assistance whilst awaiting an outcome on your application for a food hamper, please contact the Guild's Student Assist team directly via email@example.com
This initiative is proudly supported by Lotterywest.
For further enquiries and any additional advice or support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.