It's the ultimate club vs. club showdown!
If your school sports carnival used to be one of your fave days of the year, then boyyyy, do we have an event for you! Join us for an amazing array of school-carnival style races, Minute-To-Win-It style challenges (hint: check out YouTube
) and much more! We're bringin' back team spirit with a healthy dose of inter-club rivalry. BRING IT ON!
When & where
Wednesday 7th October
12pm - 2pm
Location TBC (Bentley campus)
Guild clubs are each invited to enter one
team into the Guild Games to represent their club. Clubs are required to nominate a minimum of 6 people in a team, and you may also nominate up to four reserves. All participants must be current Curtin students. Each team must also nominate a team captain, who will be responsible for organising the team and making sure all instructions are followed on the day.
Team colours & uniforms
Your team will have the option of nominating to either compete in existing branded club shirts or be assigned a team colour. If you choose not to compete in club shirts, we will assign your team colour. All members of your team must wear your nominated uniform on the day, whether it be your branded club shirts, or your assigned colours.
Events & scoring
Teams will compete in heats across numerous school-carnival and Minute-To-Win-It style events, as well as a few bonus stations. Points will be allocated in descending order from first through to last in each heat. A running tally will be maintained and updated at regular intervals. The winner will be the team that scores the most points across all heats and events at the conclusion of the Games. Medallions will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams, and there will also be ribbons awarded to each individual participant in each individual event/heat.
Terms & conditions (including COVID-19 safety measures)
Registrations close Friday 25th September 2020.
- Persons experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms are encouraged to stay home, and are not permitted to participate in the event.
- All participants are required to sanitise hands thoroughly when checking into the event. Handwashing prior to arrival is strongly encouraged.
- All equipment will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitised prior to the event.
- Please refrain from shaking hands. Use another form of acknowledgement instead, such as a foot-tap or elbow-bump.
- When not playing, please observe physical distancing where possible.
- The presence of spectators will be restricted at this event, subject to event capacity and any additional Curtin and/or government guidelines. Further information on spectator capabilities will be provided prior to the event.
- This event is subject to further modification or cancellation, if and as required by any change to government advice and/or Curtin instructions, with regard to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Participation numbers will be limited to ensure appropriate event capacity is observed.
- Please be aware that this event involves activities requiring a reasonable degree of physical fitness. By choosing to play, you accept this requirement and acknowledge that you are physically able and willing to compete.
- All reasonable safety measures will be implemented by the organisers of this event, however please note that activities taking place will be of a physical nature. Participation in the event is at players' own risk.
No late registrations will be accepted.
If you have any questions, please flick through an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for applying to register a team at the 2020 Guild Games.