Application Deadline: 4pm, 12th Thursday September 2019
WHAT IS PASAR MALAM?
Pasar Malam returns on Friday 18th October 2019, celebrating more than 15 years as one of Curtin University’s most iconic events. Named after the Malay and Indonesian phrase for “night market”, the event is a vibrant celebration of international food and culture from all over the world, enjoyed by students, staff, and the local community. Prepare to experience a myriad of cuisines, performers and crafts from all over the globe, woven through the charming laneways, gardens, and promenades of Curtin University’s Bentley campus.
For the past five years, Pasar Malam has consistently attracted in excess of 10,000 patrons. In 2018, the event saw record attendance of 12,500 people.
Coordinated by the Curtin Student Guild, Pasar Malam is a FREE family friendly event showcasing the following attractions:
- 40+ food vendors providing a wide range of street foods with a focus on multi-cultural cuisines, the majority of which are prepared and cooked on-site.
- Family fun zone with FREE carnival rides, face painting, henna, and sideshow alley.
- Selected craft & artisan stalls offering a diverse product mix with an emphasis on innovative, handmade and locally designed pieces.
- FREE live on-stage entertainment all night, as well as roving artists and performers, showcasing a diverse range of traditional songs, dances and rituals from all around the globe.
Pasar Malam is proudly brought to you by Curtin Student Guild’s International Student Committee.
For a more detailed overview of the event as a whole, please refer to the Stallholder Information Pack.
For detailed terms and conditions for food vendors
, please refer to the Lease Agreement
For detailed terms and conditions for non-food vendors
, please refer to the Stallholder Terms & Conditions - Non Food Vendors.
BEFORE YOU START YOUR APPLICATION
Files & Documents You Will Need:
- Food Business Registration Certificate
- Temporary Food Business Application Form (Town of Vic Park) OR copy of your current Annual Temporary Food Business Permit with the Town of Vic Park if you already have one (food vendors only)
- Public Liability Certificate of Currency
- Photos of food / products (if available)
- Photos of prior stall set-up (if available)
- Photo of charcoal grills and/or gas cook tops (if using them)
- Photo of your marquee (if selecting Category A stall option)
- Signed Lease Agreement - if a food vendor; or Terms and Conditions - if a non-food vendor
- A copy of your proposed menu and prices (if a food vendor)
- A list of all equipment and appliances you will bringing to use at your stall
- Documents proving not-for-profit (NFP) status (if applying for NFP discount)