Your voice on campus!

Difficulty paying your fees?

Difficulty paying your fees?

If you're having difficulty paying your fees, please read the information below before booking an appointment with our Student Assist team.

Grants & Loans

Unfortunately there are no grants available from either the Curtin Student Guild or Curtin University to help you pay your fees.

Loans are not available for international students to assist in the payment of fees.


There are both ‘Need’ and ‘Merit’ based scholarships that both future and current students can apply for as well as undergraduate, postgraduate and students in research programs.

Visit Curtin’s scholarships and sign up for email alerts. Read the application forms carefully and answer every question as Curtin scholarships receive many applications each semester and only those that are completed fully are considered.

They do not chase students for missing information.


What can I do if I need a little more time to pay but the money is coming?

If your difficulty is due to extinuating circumstances of a short term nature such as a delay in transferring funds from your home country, then you can ask Curtin Fees for a Repayment Plan.  

Please note there is nothing to do until you receive an email entitled ‘Notice of Intent to Cancel your enrolment’ sent out in Week 2 through your OCC (OASIS). In this email there is a link to submit an appeal. 

Important things to remember:

Long Term Problems

What can I do if I have long term problems with paying fees?

You can apply to Fees for a Repayment Plan each semester on the grounds of extinuating circumstnaces. It is subjected to approval. Many student work part time and are able to supplement their fees with their earnings.

However, it is important to remember the following:

Finding a job

First make sure you have an updated CV/resume. For assistance in writing a resume, contact Curtin Careers in Building 102 or via email.
Curtin offers an Earn While You Learn program - check it out for employment opportunities on campus
Here are some other places to look for work.

Permanent Residents

Permanent Residents have the same requirements as International students except there are two advantages:

If you are a Permanent Resident who is having difficulty paying your fees, we recommend working while you are studying part time. We would not recommend getting into debt to study. Save up and start your studies when you can afford it. 

Still having difficulty paying fees?

If your difficulty is long term, sometimes it is better to go home and wait until your financial situation improves.

It is very stressful for students who are struggling to pay fees, working, and studying and this often causes them to fail their units. 

It is important that you think carefully about your situation. If you would like to talk about your decision then you can make an appointment with a Student Assist Officer.

Contact us 

Please include your name, student number, your course of study and a description of your query.

Email: student.assist@guild.curtin.edu.au
Phone: (08) 9266 2900

Building 106F Curtin University
9am – 4pm, Monday – Friday
Students on the Kalgoorlie WASM campus are welcome to contact us on the details provided above.