Your voice on campus!

Emergency Relief

Emergency Relief

The Curtin Student Guild endeavours to provide advice and support for students who require emergency relief.

The Guild can help in several ways:

  • Student Assist can assist with money management advice and advocacy with other agency and service providers such as Centrelink, Synergy, Alinta Gas, and Property Managers.
  • FoodBank can provide basic food items are available to students who have demonstrated an occasional and unexpected need.
  • Introduction to other community services in your area that provide a wide range of emergency relief support including counselling, accommodation and financial assistance:

Contact your local council to find which community services operate in your suburb. If you find yourself in hardship and are struggling with managing day to day, come and speak to Student Assist about your options and the help available to you.

Curtin Financial Support 

We recommend that your prioritise your available funds towards the essential items: food, phone and rent.

Emergency Food Relief Program
The Guild is operating an emergency food relief program for students experiencing extreme financial hardship due to COVID-19. 
Apply here

Curtin Community Pantry
Curtin Community Programs has launched the Curtin Community Pantry, where non-perishable food items and other essentials e.g. toiletries will be collected and made available to Curtin students in need of some support.
Learn more

Curtin's Financial and Housing Support Bursary - CLOSED
Semester 2 - Financial Support Bursary (International Students) is now closed. There are very specific criteria that students have to meet. Please check the Scholarships website for more details.

We recommend that you answer ALL questions fully and submit ALL supporting documents requested to get a quick response.
Apply here

Learn more about the Bursaries here.


The Australian Government has given funds to the following organisations to help international students affected by COVID-19.  They are very understanding and helpful so if you need assistance get in touch with them. We recommend starting with the Australian Red Cross.

Australian Red Cross
Emergency relief and casework support for people who are on temporary visas.
Learn more

Residential Rent Relief Grant Scheme
If you are staying at Unilodge or have a rental agreement in your name then you may be eligible for a grant up to $2,000.
Learn more about the Residential Rent Relief Grant Scheme - up to $2,000.

Assistance with Utility Bills, Phone Bills and Food.
Learn more

StudyPerth Crisis Relief
StudyPerth will put you in touch with your Consulate and other support organisations
Reach out to StudyPerth here
If you have not been successful in getting the Financial Support Bursary then you may be eligible for the SPCR Grant. Apply here

Alhidayah Centre Community
One fresh cooked meal fortnightly.
Apply here

Bengali Association of Western Australia
Support for international students - food, groceries, rent, etc.
Apply here

Lifestreams Community Services
Corona Care initative to assist international students
Learn more

Indian Society of WA
Indian Society of Western Australia (ISWA), in an unprecented measure, has been joined by forty five (45) of its members associations in a joint appeal to support Indian origin people in the current COVID-19 situation.
Read more

There is some assistance available for students through this link.
Learn more

South Care
Southcare can assist with bill payments for students who live near Curtin Campus.
Contact Duncan Edgar,
Tel: (08) 9450 6233
Email: duncan.e@southcare.org.au
Learn more

WAConnect is a directory of emergency relief service providers managed by the DropIN team at the Western Australian Council of Social Service.
Learn more about Migrant & Refugee services
Learn more about overdue bills assistance

Riverview Church
1 Thorogood St, Burswood WA. (08) 9416 0000.
Rent assistance (up to $150) and food hampers. 



Email: student.assist@guild.curtin.edu.au
Please include your name, student number, course of study and a description of your query.

Building 106F, Curtin University
Monday to Friday, 9am – 4pm

Students at the Kalgoorlie WASM campus are welcome to contact us.

2020 Street Party

Kicking off at 2pm we’ll have some chill live music, food trucks on the lawn and bevs at The Tav for a nice mellow vibe.

After 5pm we open up the big stage and get the music pumping all the way to midnight for a night you won’t forget!