The PhD Conference Grant is not currently offered by the Curtin Student Guild. Funding for the grant has been exhausted. We will notify students when further funding becomes available.
Eligibility criteria for previous grants can be found below:
Curtin Student Guild allocates money in the form of Conference Grants to enable Doctoral (PhD) students to attend academic conferences that will have a significant benefit to their research projects.
To apply for the Conference Grant, you must fulfil the following conditions:
- You must be currently enrolled in a PhD (or equivalent) course at Curtin University.
- You must be presenting at an academic conference.
- The dates of your conference must be up to 3 months prior or 3 months after the submission of your Conference Grant application.
- You must have received a Conference Support Approval notification from the Graduate Research School.
Students can apply for a maximum of $500.
Please note that priority is given to:
- Students who have not attended conferences as a HDR student previously;
- Students who have demonstrated that the funding provided by the Graduate Research School is insufficient to cover the total cost of conference participation;
- Students who have exhausted the majority of their Consumables allowance;
- Students who are the main presenter of their paper/presentation/poster at the conference.
The Curtin Student Guild reserves the right to change eligibility criteria at any time.
PLEASE READ BEFORE COMMENCING APPLICATION
As part of your application, students are required to submit the following:
- A copy of your enrolment advice.
- A copy of your Conference Support Approval notification from the Graduate Research School.
- Copies of your Conference Support Approval notification for any previous conferences you have attended during your candidature as a HDR student (if applicable).
- The current balance of your HDR Consumables allowance. This can be found by accessing your Concur account.
- A 500-word written explanation of why you are applying for the grant and its significance to your research. This should also include a breakdown of the total cost of conference attendance, including flight cost, registration fees, accommodation, and other expenses.
The Conference Grant will remain open for applications as long as funds are available. Funds can only be accessed in accordance with Conference Support guidelines from the Graduate Research School.
If you have any questions about Guild grants, please contact Student Assist on 9266 2900 or firstname.lastname@example.org